Containers A Smart Packaging System from KRONUS - KRONUS, a manufacturer and distributors of pallets collars, has experienced strong European demand and strives to be a major supplier to North American markets, which it is helping to build. (10/1/2012)
E-Commerce Blogs Offer Unique Marketing Option - Blogging about pallets: Although blogs have been a popular method of online marketing for year, very few pallet companies have utilized this approach to boost website traffic. One pallet company shares about its success with blogs. (4/1/2012)
Lumber Market Clever Video Touts Benefits of Wood Products
- Clever Video Touts Benefits of Wood Products
(2/1/2012) Forest Sector Reeling During Economic Downturn - Economic Downturn Impact: Industry researchers analyze the economic health and industry capacity of the forest products sector after the recent economic downturn. Changes have taken place that could have longstanding ramifications for sawmill capacity. (3/1/2012) Crosstie Market Stays Strong - Crosstie Market Update: After a very strong year for crosstie demand in 2011, the loss of a tax credit could cause demand to drop back to 2010-2011 levels although track infrastructure investment continues thanks to expanded drilling operations. (4/1/2012) A Comparison of Pallet Cants and Grade Lumber Price Trends - An economist with the U.S. Forest Service looks at the factors that influence the availability and prices of pallet cants and how cant prices have compare to grade lumber price, both historically and at current.
(9/1/2012) Global Timber Specialist Offers International Market Perspective - Forest products expert shares his thoughts on the Asian housing boom, the Euro zone crisis and the impact of global forest product demand on North America markets. (10/1/2012)
Pallet Lumber Evergreen: New Study Provides Life Cycle Assessment Answers for U.S. Hardwood Lumber
- New study provides scientific basis for analyzing the life cycle impacts of U.S. hardwoods from cradle to gate assessments. This research should help position the industry to compete as Europe starts imposing more LCA requirements, and green building standards embrace more scientific-based assessments in the United States. (11/1/2012)
Phytosanitary Regulations/Pest Treatment News Pest Regulations Clarified, Changed
- Pest regulations update: Government and regulatory agencies continue to prevent the spread of pests in wood packaging material and wood products by updating regulations and clarifying ones that are confusing. (8/1/2012)
Sawmill Case Studies: Hardwood Sawmill Expands Services During Recession - Johnson Lumber saw an opportunity to expand their services during the recession. The family-owned sawmill capitalized on lower machinery prices to add new value-added services to their offerings. (5/1/2012)
Third Party Management/Logistics Rehrig Pacific Logistics Diversifies to Serve Packaging Niches - Rehrig Pacific Logistics: Beyond pallets, Rehrig Penn diversifies to develop a wide variety of recycling and reverse logistics services. It offers a blueprint for the future as pallet recycling becomes more competitive. (2/1/2012)
Transportation Rising Fuel Prices Increase the Necessity of
Fuel Surcharge Programs - With diesel fuel likely to rise to historic highs this summer, having a fuel surcharge program in place is an important step to mitigate sudden cost pressures. Various experts explain the details of calculating fair and accurate fuel surcharges. (4/1/2012) Logistics Report Warns of Pending Trucking Capacity Concerns
- Trucking Shortage: Annual logistics report identifies trends including looming truck capacity shortage, 3PL growth, the rise of intermodal transport, and rising inventory levels. Overall, the logistics sector grew at a modest clip last year and has yet to rebound to pre-recession rates.
(7/1/2012) Transportation Industry Faces Many Changes - The transportation and trucking industries will be facing many changes in the coming months and years. They include new or changed regulations, a switch to natural gas vehicles and more. (7/1/2012) Transport Watch: Truck Driver Shortage Looms - Concern over the lack of qualified truck drivers has been a looming transportation problem for the last few years although low shipping demand has masked the problem. Trends suggest a real serious shortage is likely to become a reality sooner rather than later. (9/1/2012)
Wood Fiber Case Studies (Grinding, Chipping, Etc) Biomass Economics 101: Opportunities and Challenges - Biomass Economics: A forestry policy expert discusses the opportunities and challenges of using woody biomass as well as the economic and policy factors that can encourage or discourage its use. (8/1/2012) What’s Happening in the Wood Energy Market?
- Many believe that the wood energy market is just getting started. But what sectors are the most promising? And what factors could affect future demand? (8/1/2012)